Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

BlockBUSTer

If you follow any of the news about media mediums. You know Blockbuster hasn't been doing so hot lately. They have been closing stores all over because of on-demand rentals and falling behind Netflix and Redbox. Do you want to know why? Well, I don't have all the answers to that question but I do have one. Netflix has a good system and it works. Ok...here's what happened. If you didn't know Blockbuster has decided to now go up against Gamefly for mail rentals of games. So, I figured why not try them as they are offering a cheaper price plan than Gamefly. First, I learned half the games out they don't carry or aren't available til a month later. So, I go ahead and find one I want to play that way I don't feel like a total loss of money since the main game I signed up for isn't available. Second, game comes in the mail took two days from Orlando to get here where Netflix takes only one day in transit. Third, I put in my que for "Aliens Vs Predator", I get the mail all excited to be able to play a new game, something I haven't had in quite awhile. Open the envelope, yep, mail envelope says "Aliens Vs Predator". Pull out the sleeve inside...ITS SONIC THE HEDGEHOG...it don't stop there...ITS NOT EVEN FOR THE XBOX360....ITS FOR PLAYSTATION 3. Not only did they send the wrong game, they sent the wrong game for the wrong system. I called their customer service department to complain. All I got was a we'll send out the correct game to you first thing tomorrow. So, no apology, no i'm sorry your first experience with us was bad, but, now I have to wait three more days to play, holding up my monthly service. Way back I tried Blockbuster, as I was always a Netflix fan, and left them for slow mail turnaround and inaccuracy with the movie titles. Here it is like 3 years later almost and its still the same stuff. I can't tell you I had a wrong title shipped from Netflix, now, I have had a cracked disc or two, but, I blame the post office machinery for those. Netflix always, when you submit and issue online get that replacement right out to you no waiting. Needless to say I will not be renewing my Blockbuster Online account next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment