Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

There is only one Disney

     Recently I've been torn as to whether to keep this blog going or to shift my focus to Walt Disney World and my photography hobby there. I've come to a good marriage between Disney and Movies. I'm now setting out to rediscover Disney through it's film history and to start with what started it all the famous animated films. I am planning to re-watch all the Disney animated features chronologically from Snow White to Tangles. On the way I'll also be adding to my Disney library, because if I don't have it and its not locked up in the vault...pause for gripe....DANG GONE STUPID VAULT........I will purchase it and add it in. At the same time it will give me a unique ability on the blog here and that's give my opinion here at my present age, on these movies, many of which I have not seen in quite some time. Then with the little guy coming along I'll be able to re-watch them once again and blog about his first experiences watching these classic stories. Of course I'll throw in some newer movies to break it up so I don't get too burnt out on cartoons. Then after the cartoons I may venture into the realm of the live action movies. The cartoons will also be able to enhance my experiences of the parks, cause the characters and stories will be refreshed to me and I can look for my ties between the movies and the parks. Why you might ask did I come up with this crazy idea, well I think there's no better way to appreciate WDW than to see where the inspiration for so many of the rides and movies came from and that's its animated stories and characters. With out these movies there would be no Cindererlla's Castle, no Fantasyland, no Festival of the Lion King and no Characters in the parks. It will also be interesting after seeing the newest film Tangled in 3D and comparing it to the classic films and seeing how Disney Animation has changed and progressed over the years. The other thing I had to debate was when the time comes to I include Pixar films into the chronology of things and I have to say yes a few years ago maybe not, but, now I think Disney-Pixar have become so intertwined it's hard not to have one with out the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment